Fibre GarDen are seeking to secure the services of a second Community Project Coordinator who will assist with the many aspects of the project that will deliver high speed broadband to both Garsdale and Dentdale, as it moves into the delivery phase. Reporting directly to a nominated Member of the Board, the Community Project Coordinator will act between the Board, the Community and the Network Build Project Manager.
This is a key position within the project and will be the main contact point for day to day issues. Ideally, the person appointed will be able to work from home and any equipment, such as laptop, mobile phone and broadband connection will be provided if required. Access to own transport is essential during all working hours. An immediate start is available.
The position is offered for a fixed term of one year but it is hoped that this will be extended, subject to funding. Flexible working will be required to attend meetings and events during evenings and weekends. Various types of employment can be considered.
Position / Person Outline
- Good local knowledge of both Garsdale and Dentdale is essential;
- Be based in either Dale, Sedbergh or close by;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with an approachable and diligent character;
- Flexible working, some evenings and weekends will be required;
- Awareness of the function and operation of both Parish Councils;
- Promotion of brand image and marketing opportunities;
- Ability to coordinate information and actions between the three main parties (Fibre GarDen, the Community and the Network Build Manager);
- Liaise with Community Members who may have questions or concerns about the project, its progress, effect and purpose;
- Liaising with landowners, whose land the project will cross, to ensure smooth progress before, during and after any cables have been laid;
- Manage all requirements surrounding wayleave agreements, securing and administration of. Training can be given.
- Experienced in the use of email, word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software is essential;
- Ability to organise and manage Community Meetings as required;
- Point of contact for all members of the Community;
- Report any day to day issues to the nominated Board Member;
- Present progress reports to the full Board as and when required;
- Willingness to learn about fibre optic network installations;
For further information or to submit an expression of interest with your up to date CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send to The Secretary, Digital Dales (UK) Limited, 4 Queens Drive, Sedbergh LA10 5DP.
References, both character and previous employment or track record, will be required and taken up. Digital Dales (UK) Limited is committed to a policy of equal opportunities regardless of their sex, marital status, age, race, colour, religion, ethnic or national origin or disability. The full policy can be found at http://www.digitaldales.com/information/equal-opportunity-policy/
Background information on the project can be found on www.digitaldales.com
This post is funded by the Yorkshire Dales National Park Sustainable Development Fund.